Adding images to your pages bring them to life!
However, images can be a double-edged sword. Adding too many images may impact your pages' speed and load time, which may negatively impact the user experience.
Here are some of the best practices to make sure the images you add to your pages are an asset and not a hindrance.
- Use the correct image format on pages.
- Use nextgen images for your pages.
- compress large images so they don't slow down your pages.
- Rename your image file names to include keywords.
- Utilize the image ALT tag to describe what the image is about. Don't use the ALT tag to stuff keywords. The ALT tag is used by screen readers for visually impaired users, so it's important to explain what the image is about.
Image source: prototyp.digital - A lovely paragraph no one is ever going to read.